Showing all 16 results
Abbas Abad White Travertine
Darreh Bokhari Travertine
Abegarm Travertine Stone
As for the types and prices of travertine, read the topics below:
Table of contents:
Travertine is one of the sedimentary rocks composed of sediments from hot springs. This stone has a very beautiful appearance, and its various designs reflect the beautiful nature of the stone. It is used as a material in the building (facade – wall – floor) and in stone artifacts (sculpture – stone masonry craft – fountain – handrail, etc.)
Another name for travertine is Lapis Tiburtinus, and its name is derived from the ancient city of Tibur, now known as Tivoli. Its origin dates back to earlier than the Roman Empire.
Texture and structure
Travertine is a semi-crystalline, hard stone that has a porous and sedimentary texture and is mostly found in the depths of hot springs. This stone with high density is used as one for the exterior of buildings, ornamental stone and strengthening agricultural soils due to its crystalline form. The most variety of this stone is semi-transparent, its transparent and shiny types being very rare. The stone powder obtained from this stone is white in color and is ignitable at a temperature of 31 degrees Celsius. This stone is completely soluble in organic and industrial solvents such as hydrocarbons, acetone, phthalates, ethanol and methanol and dissolves in dilute hydrochloric acid.
Travertine is one of the most popular and well-known stones around the world, which is provided to applicants (mostly stone cutting factories) in Iran after extraction from mines, in the form of stone cubes. This beautiful and widely used stone is formed in the riverbeds and caves and is one of its main uses in the construction industry. Various mineralogical, petrological and geological pieces of research have shown that calcium, stalagmite and stalactite are among the primary and very important components found in this stone. Iron components are among the most important elements in the formation and creation of designs and waves created in travertine stones.
Travertine Appearance and Color
Travertine stone, with a specific density of about 2500 kg/m3 with either striped texture or without texture, is found in nature in white, chocolate, light and dark cream, yellow, red, and lemon colors.
Travertine consists of many holes and pores and acts as a relative insulator against sounds and heat. The use of this stone as the exterior of a building is so popular, and one of the main reasons is its resistance and great strength against sunlight, heat, cold, humidity, and acid rain.
With the passage of time and the advancement of science and the use of resin as a filler for the surfaces of travertine stones, as well as creating a polished surface, this stone became popular and its price increased as well.
The remarkable features of travertine have made building designers use this resistant stone as the exterior of the building as well as the interior walls of the building.
There are several historical monuments and popular buildings that have been built with this amazing stone over the years. One such example that will blow your mind is the world-famous Colosseum in Rome, which still stands today after centuries. There are many other famous examples of buildings and structures made of travertine, notable examples of which are Burghausen Castle, Saint Peter’s Square in Vatican City, and the Getty Center in Los Angeles.
Most Popular Types of Travertine Stone
Haji-abad Abad Super Travertine
Haji Abad travertine stone is classified as cream and light brown travertine, used in the exterior and interior of a building and landscaping. Haji Abad travertine has less porosity compared to other travertines. Therefore, it is more polishable and resistant. It is recommended to use this stone to complement the brick facade of the building.
Abbas Abad White Travertine
Abbas Abad travertine is one of the types of bright or “white travertine” stones in Iran. It is also included in the most widely used “white” and “travertine” stones category. This stone is marketed in different types based on the color and design of its streaks. Among the distinctive features of Abbas Abad travertine, we can mention high polishability, good adhesion, and high resistance.
Ab-e-garm Travertine Stone
Ab-e-garm travertine stone is available in the market in cream and chocolate colors, and its high absorbability and glossiness have doubled its beauty. This stone is used as building facade stone and internal wall stone. In addition, mass production and abundant mines, reasonable price, uniformity, and high endurance have made it one of the most popular and widely used types of travertine stone available in the market.
Darre Bokhari Travertine
Darre Bokhari travertine is considered expensive because of its bright color and high quality. It creates a very stylish and luxurious look. Among the other uses of this stone, we can mention its use in the Roman, classical facade, the walls of the external and internal spaces of the building (lobby and the visible area of a building). These stones are available in light cream and chocolate colors in the market.
Atashkouh travertine stone
Atashkouh stone is considered one of the best types of travertine stone. This stone is one of the best choices for use in the facade of the building. One of the positive features of Atashkouh stone is its high absorbability and bright color. The brighter the color of this stone and the smaller its halos, the higher the price of Atashkouh stone.
Takaab travertine stone
Takaab travertine stone is one of the travertines with reasonable price for the facade. The general design of Takaab travertine is often in the form of cotton flowers with a diameter of 2 to 7 cm in a circular shape. This stone is classified as cream and brown travertine. The most common use of this stone is the complementary use in combination with light travertine on the facade and walls of the staircase.
Travertine stone processing quality
In addition to paying attention to the inherent quality of the stone, the mine it originates from, and the physical characteristics it has, the way Travertine Stone is processed also affects the final quality of this product to a large extent regarding its lifespan and beauty. A number the things that should be taken into consideration in the processing of this stone are listed below:
- The quality of resin and stone surface epoxy in terms of materials and execution quality
- Whether or not the stone is kiln-dried (how to dry the stone resin: if the stone is processed in a kiln, after a while, you will see the stone darkening, and vice versa; if it is dried with natural sunlight, this will not happen and even its color will become lighter.)
- Being Symmetrical, (the edges of the stone must have a 90-degree angle, which requires precise cutting of the machine. Otherwise, the execution of the work will not be clean and principled)
- The height of the stone (higher and one-piece stones create a beautiful appearance in the facade)
- The edges not being chipped (usually during transportation, the edges get chipped, which will not happen if loading and unloading is done patiently and properly.)
Types of travertine stone processing
Stones are processed in different ways for different applications. In the following, we mention some of the processes that are also performed on travertine stone:
- Grinding and polishing processing: In this type of processing, the surface of the stone becomes very shiny and uniform. The sanding process is done in three stages: pre-sanding, stone putty (in four stages) and final sanding, which will result in bright and uniform stonework.
- Leather processing: In travertine leather finishing, the surface of the stone is placed under the private bites, which causes the creation of desired heights and heights on the surface of the stone.
- Antique processing of travertine stone: The processing of this stone in an antique way is done in two ways: 1- mechanically, 2- using sulfuric acid and water.
The Use of Abbas-Abad Travertine Stones and Other Stones
Abbas Abad travertine stone is one of the best types of these stones. This stone is relatively abundant in Iran in terms of the presence of mines and its extent, and it can be seen in different colors and designs. It is worth mentioning that according to the way of cutting, travertine is available in two general types, wavy and non-wave.
In general, travertine is used in two categories of stone artifacts and construction materials. In stone artifacts such as stone pots, stone fireplaces, stone sculptures, barbecues, etc. as a building material, this stone is used in stairs with a thickness of 3 cm, in facades with a thickness of 1.6 to 1.8 cm and in some cases with a thickness of 2 cm.
In addition, some travertine stones can be used in book match and form match designs in the inner wall of the building.
Usages of Travertine Stone in Building
Here are some of the most common uses of travertine in projects by residents and builders:
- Wall cladding
- decorative as wall cladding (in the form of stacked stone)
- Stonemasonry crafts
- External wall cladding (yard – parking lots) and landscaping
- Covering the internal walls of the building’s common areas (corridor – staircase – lobby)
- inner wall coverings of commercial complexes
- Capstone (a piece of stone placed on the wall or the edges of the facade)
- Indoor and outdoor floor covering (rarely)
- Stonemasonry crafts in facades, especially in Roman-style
Disadvantages of Travertine Stone
- low resistance to acidic conditions
- possibility of breaking in a freezing climate(it has been proved by covering the hole of the surface with resin)
- none uniformed textures of some sort.
Price of Travertine
The price of travertine stone depends on the items below:
- Color of travertine;. The lighter, the more expensive. Visit the three best travertines
- Veins of travertine with very different and opposite colors; the less streaky, the more expensive
- The cutting sizes; the larger width and length, the more expensive
- The processes done on travertine; A good finish with a shiny surface is bound to be more expensive
- Fewer pitted holes, especially on its surface, increase the price.
The price range of Iran travertine is between $10 – $130 depending on the stone quarry and sort.
Travertine Stone Slab
This stone has a warm nature with features such as lower weight, higher adhesion, and, often, wavy designs in which a traditional and rustic effect is seen. Travertine slab is mainly used in walls and interior facades.
Although there is a wide variety of travertine quarries and types in Iran, the processes operating on travertine play a pivotal role in its usage. For example, travertine stones could have various thicknesses based on cuttings. Each use of travertine in wall cladding, facades, stairs, and floor needs a standard thickness. For instance, the thickness of stairs should be about 3 centimeters, and that of façade stone should be between 1.6 to 1.8. Unlike most other types, this stone can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Advantages of Travertine Stone
- Attractive interface with a variety of colors and textures.
- Good resistance against cold and hot climates.
- Good isolation for heat and sound because of the holes inside.
- Anti-slip for flooring because of pitted holes and troughs on its surface.
- Beauty, durability, and long life.
- Numerous porosity and holes in this stone’s texture, make the building’s overall weight lighter and its high adhesion to the mortar.
- Resistant to sunlight, acid rain, cold, and heat.
- Having a transparent, natural appearance in various, gorgeous designs and giving the building a stylish and luxurious look.
- Best option for a combined facade with bricks
Any type of Iran travertine stone has been exported from quarries of Abbasabad, Haji Abad, Azar Shahr, Kashan, Darre Bokhari, and so on.
Keep these points in mind when buying Travertine stone
There are some important tips that you should bear in mind when buying travertine stone. These are:
- Consider its epoxy quality and note if the surface process (getting dry the resin and epoxy) has not been done in the furnace. (Drying the surface of epoxy or resin should be done under sunlight and at natural temperature. Otherwise, it’ll cause the stone to lose its lightness over time)
- Pay attention to the quality of cutting and edges
- Notice all pieces to be homochromatic
- Check and calculate the cost of the stone at the destination.
In order to gain your 100% satisfaction and due to some unpredictable happenings like breaking and such, Vazin company will send at least 1% more material than your travertine order without any extra charge.this offer also includes all stone veneer types and sizes like onyx, marble, granite and etc.
Travertine Depot in Tehran, Karaj, Isfahan
Various types of travertine are extracted from famous mines such as Abbas Abad, Haji Abad, Azar Shahr, Dara Bokhari, Abyaneh and Silver Kashan and are exported to other countries. Based on the location of your order, the stone will be loaded and delivered from heavy stone warehouses in Tehran, Karaj, Isfahan provinces.